COMPETITION: DO YOU HAVE THE MOST SUSTAINABLE BATHROOM?
They say that the bathroom is one of the most important places within a household. In fact bathrooms are the ultimate judgment zone – anyone entering your home is most likely to use your bathroom at some point. When using the bathroom, you don’t have to worry about what you’re wearing, how you look and you can take as much time reading the paper or doing anything else that you want in the bathroom – as long as there’s no one else waiting to use it after you!
Presentation and décor are key factors for a ‘homey’ bathroom. A good bathroom tends to set the tone for the rest of the house – it is a great place to decompress and can serve as an ideal hiding place (the majority of people know better than to bother someone using the bathroom so you are safe in there as long as the door is locked.
Since bathrooms are one of the busiest places in any household, sustainability becomes an all-important factor. Things like tissue paper and lighting can go a long way in improving the overall greenness of a home.
It may not be surprising to learn that Bathrooms make up a significant proportion of a house’s total water and energy consumption.
Competition: Do You Have The Most Sustainable Bathroom?
- We are inviting everyone with a bathroom to participate.
- This will cover everything from toilet paper, soap and lighting etc, checking to see how sustainable they are.
- Main aim is to inspire a more sustainable way of living.
Things to consider for a sustainable bathroom
- Toilet paper (use eco/sustainable alternatives – public bathrooms go through large amounts of tissue paper, the sustainable approach is to use bamboo-based tissue paper, saving trees and animals)
- Water waste (install flow limiters to control water usage)
- Lighting (replace all bulbs with energy saving ones such as LEDs)
- Tooth brushes, soaps, razors, make-up packaging.
Rules so far…
- The bathroom has to be sustainable
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Video or photos to be submitted with every entry
Submit Your Entry Here
How to enter:
Please submit your entry on the left. Include your bathroom images along with a list of reasons why you think your bathroom is sustainable.
- I use plastic free shampoo and conditioner bar to replace shampoo/conditioner in plastic bottles;
- I installed LED lighting in my bathroom;
- I use bamboo toilet paper instead of tree-based toilet paper
- I installed a water saving device in my bathroom
We can’t wait to hear your ideas!
*By entering the competition, you authorise The Cheeky Panda Limited to use details of your entry (including your name, text and photo) on our social media channels and send you marketing communications by email (See terms and conditions HERE).
- 1 x Plastic free The Cheeky Panda 100% bamboo toilet tissue case of 24 to be delivered every two months from September 2019 to August 2020;
- 2 x bamboo toothbrushes;
- 1 x plastic free bamboo cotton buds;
- 1 x plastic free shampoo bar and 1 x plastic free conditioner bar;
- 2 x luxury bamboo towels.
14th August 2019
Terms and Conditions:
Please follow link HERE.